Broadband Forum BASe Events Overview
Produced by Broadband Forum and created by technologists to provide actionable insights for technology leaders.
The Broadband Acceleration Seminar (BASe) during BREKO Fiberdays 2022 is a full-day event that combines deep insights from the world’s largest and most innovative service providers with the perspectives of top tier analysts and leading vendors/suppliers.
Focused on capturing the challenges, opportunities, and innovations emerging in 2022
Topics covered will range from insights into the market and the array of existing and emerging broadband architectures to perspectives on the state of standards, ecosystem readiness.
Encapsulating emerging applications technologies for, Fixed and FMC, and 5G transport; best practices across the full spectrum of potential implementations – from SDN/NFV and network slicing to fiber extension technologies and whole home networking environment.
Proposed Agenda | 13 June 2022
- 09:30 Registration
- 10:00 - 10:05 Opening Session: Welcome to BASe | Broadband Forum
- 10:05 - 10:30 Keynote | Operator - Vendor
- 10:30 - 12:00 Segment 1: Fiber Access Market and Drivers / Technology Update | Analyst, Standardization bodies, BBF
- 12:00 - 13:00 Lunch Break
- 13:00 - 15:00 Segment 2: Connected Services and Broadband ECO System update | Vendors (System)
- 15:00 - 16:30 Segment 3: Best Practices / Interoperability Update - Roundtable | Vendors / Operators
- Closing Remarks
Session will focus on
- Service delivery to the abundance of consumer, business and IoT devices. Focusing on service management, access control, managed Wi-Fi and the overarching user experience.
- Open-source software and supporting open standards interworking.
- Access and service security
- Integrated service management and the user experience
Panellist presentation and roundtable covering such areas as:
- Future access technology options, timelines and use cases.
- What will be the future network and service delivery architecture and how to ensure migration and interoperability?